Here are some upcoming events you should know about:
Connecting Companies with Capital – 8:30 am-5:15 pm, May 11th in Waltham, MA
"Connecting Companies with Capital Series" is a set of strategic events, hosted at IBM’s Waltham Innovation Center that brings together venture capitalists, angel investors, industry experts, and the start-up and entrepreneurial community to drive job creation and business formation.
The current event is focused on "Driving Job Creation through Innovation." We will hold three break-out sessions focused on Healthcare Sector, Technology Sector, and Energy & Utilities Sector. Within these industries will examine funding and start-ups and the challenges venture capitalists, entrepreneurs, and key industries may face.
- Investor speed dating (meet the investors)
- Thought leaders on Healthcare Sector, Technology Sector and Energy and Utilities Sector
- Direction and growth in 2011
- Panel discussions featuring industry leaders, entrepreneurs, and CEOs
- Great networking where you can rub elbows with the people making the investments
Date: Wednesday, May 11th, 2011 Time: 8:30AM – 5:15PM Location: IBM Innovation Center, 404 Wyman Street, North Entrance, Waltham, MA 02454 Register: Click Here
WEBINAR: Financial Management Fundamentals for Executive Directors & Board Members
Nonprofit leaders and board members need to have at least a basic understanding of financial management. However, it is not uncommon to only have one or two people on a nonprofit board that understand finances. This webinar will help nonprofit executives and board members develop the financial insight they need in order to make strategic decisions and fulfill their responsibilities.
- Why the financials are important
- The key questions Board members should ask
- How ratios are used to provide meaningful information
Date: Wednesday, April 6, 2011 Time: 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Register: Click here to register (Seats limited)